Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn





Checked out of Glow - you know what to expect
the pillows are fantastic and the bed sheets are CLEAN
7.3
After trying out the davis - dreams and Glow trinity - paid a bit more on the rates and was very pleased on the cleanliness of the room and the fantastic sheets and pillow options. You can expect to get a basic no frills upstandard experience - good for a solo traveller on the go. Breakfast - just what you needed - not more not less. Only issue could be a 10% less priced and would compete in the other hotels category. For a 3 start it should be a 4 start. Only negative - room size - but cant do much about it - it is already constructed. Ranked 1st out of my one week stay at The DAvis, Dreams and Glow. Checked out cause Glow promised to make up for a bitter experience with a crawling insect - but wished i would have stayed back my last night at the Holiday Inn.


New property
Cheap, cleaniness and staffs
7.7
Good.staffs are great.


Staff is excellent!
Helpful Staff, nice room, comfy bed.
8.3
The staff are all very friendly, always tried to help when you approach them with any problems. For example, my luggage padlock is spoilt, they helped to get a technician to cut it for me during midnight. The first room has got a rather strong renovation smell, we asked for a change and they did it immediately. Out tour operator did not turn up, the hotel front desk helped us throughout the 3 hours of waiting to call them numerous time and to follow-up proactively, thumbs up for her service, too bad I didn't get her name. The restaurant staff are also very friendly, offered to make tea/coffee for us when there is less crowd in the restaurant. Basically all staff are nice, and a few of them speak good mandarin as well, and I must say their English is very good! =) The hotel emphasizes on environment-frienfly concept, so there is only 1 pair of slippers in the room, you have to request it if you want more, same with other complimentary amenities like toothbrush etc, there is only 1 set but you can request from counter. The only thing is, the shower temperature is not consistent, it could turn cold at one point and very hot the next minute. We did report this, it seems to improve a little but not fully fixed.


Nice new hotel, breakfast need to be improve
Clean, Close to BTS, friendly staff
7.3
5 mins walk to the nearest BTS station, close to bar/shopping area. Breakfast need to improve.


Good location, friendly staff and high speed wifi
Clean, Comfortable, and friendly staff
9.3
I feel comfortable and enjoyable to stay at the Holdiay Inn Express Sathorn. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful to the custoemrs. The breakfast needs to be improved beacuse of not more choice.


Very nice staff in a not so nice hotel
Near to BTS; very friendly staff with good language skills; fast wi-fi
6.3
I was supposed to check in at 10PM but after my flight delayed, I arrived at 3AM; an ultra-kind guy with glasses at the check-in (a pity that I don't remember his name) offered me a late check-out before I even have to ask, and I absolutely appreciated that. So the first impression was totally awesome, but it quickly changed when I stepped into my room. The size is less than one half of Glow's and probably one third of Furama's. The bathroom is also very small and there is no amenity (a dispenser on the wall offers a liquid soap that you're expected to use also as a body soap, shampoo and conditioner). As I booked the room at an opening campaign special rate - which equals the standard rate at Glow and Furama - I guess that the regular rate will be much higher; but I'm not sure if they can afford a higher rate for a hotel where the rooms are by far less comfortable than other hotels nearby. Also, horrible experience with the shower - it's impossible to set the water temperature and keep it stable for more than 10 secs. Wi-fi much speedier than any other hotel in the area. Just a shame that such a wonderful staff find themselves working at such an underwhelming hotel... Moving this staff and this high-speed wi-fi to the Furama would definitely make the perfect hotel for me; in the meanwhile, I don't think I'm going to book this hotel again, even if I'd be more than happy to pass by and say hi to the wonderful people working here. One thing: I booked a room here for one night, then moved to Chiang Mai, then returned back for eight nights. At the time of the first booking they asked me for a 1000B deposit, so I thought it was the standard amount for a stay; when I came back for the 8 night stay, I found it's 1000B PER NIGHT, so I had to leave 8000B as a deposit. I've been in dozens of hotels in BKK and it's the first time I've been required to pay a deposit, and 1000B/day is definitely too hefty.



Campaign